A New Sparta Camp
We’ve explored before that Boxwell was not the only Council summer camp back in “the day.” As we’ve continued to investigate, lo and behold, we’ve found other council summer camps! In addition Camp Fisher and the Camp Burton, it appears there were more!
As this article explains, in 1946, the Council opened another camp near Sparta for the eastern counties of the Council. Called Camp Arrowhead, the camp would be open for two weeks the first summer. The article also alludes to a one week camp at a Franklin location, though this camp is not named…
“Boy Scouts Pick Sparta Camp Date,” The Tennessean, pg. 10, March 20, 1946.